The ProTek R/C 2S 120C Graphene + HV 4900mAh Shorty LiPo Battery is a great battery option for any racer looking for a lightweight, shorty style battery. Weighing 205 grams, the HV Shorty is lighter than a standard shorty pack, with a massive increase in capacity. This makes it an ideal pack for 2WD and 4WD modified racing, or stock class racers that want optimum voltage for the entire run. This pack is also a great choice for 1/8 e-buggies that want to run a lightweight 2x2S saddle pack configuration.
When compared to standard LiPo and LiHV, Silicon Graphene cells deliver improved efficiency, lower operating temperatures, lower internal resistance, better run time, increased cycle life and increased voltage - but Graphene + 120C LiPo batteries take that a step further with more power and lower internal resistance when compared to the previous ProTek LiHV Graphene packs!
Lab testing has shown that ProTek R/C Silicon Graphene packs have double the cycle life when charged at 1C rates, and can be charged at higher amp rates, with less risk of damage to the pack. More importantly, the discharge curve is flatter, meaning the cells maintain higher voltage throughout the discharge cycle with no significant drop off. Additionally, when compared to conventional LiPo batteries Silicon Graphene batteries are lighter, providing a higher capacity per gram ratio. With 7.6V nominal voltage, 120C discharge ratings, incredibly high charge rates and ten different models to choose from, ProTek R/C 120C Graphene + packs are perfect for racers and bashers that demand the absolute best.
- Ideal for 2WD and 4WD modified racing, or stock class racers that want optimum voltage for the entire run
- Perfect for 1/8 e-buggies that want to run a light 2x2S saddle pack configuration
- Improved power to weight ratio and a lower overall CG
- Silicone Graphene can handle more abuse and deliver more current than a standard LiPo battery
- Improved efficiency, lower operating temperatures, and lower internal resistance!
- Increased run time, increased cycle life and increased voltage!
- More capacity gram for gram when compared to standard LiPo cells
- 10C max charge rates - 1C charge rate recommended for longest life
- 7.6V nominal voltage
- 5mm bullets and 5mm to 4mm bullet adapters included
NOTE: While these batteries are LiHV cells, they can still be charged the same as a standard LiPo with a standard LiPo charger. The overall voltage and capacity will be slightly less than when charged to LiHV specs, but the performance will be better than a standard LiPo thanks to the flat discharge curve, reduced weight and low internal resistance. When charged to 8.4V, these packs will still offer a noticeable advantage when compared to a standard 7.4V LiPo pack.
|Battery Model||HV Shorty LCG |
|ROAR Approved||Yes |
|Type||Silicon Graphene |
|Voltage||7.6V nominal |
|Capacity @7.4V ||4400mAh |
|Capacity @7.6V ||4900mAh |
|Weight ||205 g |
|Connector Type ||5mm Bullet |
|Balance Connector ||2mm Bullet |
|Number of Cells||2 Cell |
|Dimensions (WxLxH)||47x96x25.1mm |
|Maximum Charge Rate||10C (49A) |
|Burst Current ||120C |
|Watt Hour @7.6V ||37.2 Wh |
- (1) ProTek R/C Battery
- (2) 5mm to 4mm Bullet Reducers
- (2) 5mm Bullet Connectors
- (1) 2mm Balance Bullet Connector
LITHIUM POLYMER SAFETY INFORMATION
1) DO NOT leave the battery in your model when charging
2) DO NOT leave unattended when charging
3) ALWAYS balance charge the battery
4) ALWAYS use a LiPo charging bag
5) YOU MUST use a Li-Poly specific charger to charge the pack (NiMH or NiCD only chargers WILL NOT WORK!)
6) YOU MUST not over discharge the Li-Poly battery pack
7) READ & UNDERSTAND the instructions carefully before operating this battery
NOTE: When using high energy Li-Polymer Batteries, please do not over-discharge or over-charge batteries as this will result in over heated batteries. Discharging capacity can't exceed 80% of the max capacity of the pack after full charging to ensure a good cycle performance. It is recommended to fully charge a brand new battery before using and only discharge the battery 50% for first 5 cycles. Always monitor race time and/or set a low voltage warning on ESC (End voltage cannot be lower than 3.2v per cell). Do not use the battery that has too low a voltage.
Do not expose batteries to sunshine or store/charge batteries at the temperature above 35°C or in a closed car. The high temperature environment could cause damage to the pack or make it burst. If the battery becomes hot while fast charging, high current discharging or racing, do not charge the battery until it has cooled completely. Wait about 20 mins, then inspect prior to recharging.